Saturday, February 19, 2011
SAG
So yesterday while bartending at work I received the best phone call/news I have heard since I have been in LA. I recently worked on a pilot in Santa Monica for a new show called "Assisted Living" that is being pitched to the networks. Think of it as Curb Your Enthusiasm meets The Office, very funny stuff people! Anyways I was only supposed to be a production assisitant and background worker, but at the very end of the day on our last scene the director David Deluise came to me with an idea. He wanted me to come in on the scene where Brian Palermo and Beth Littleford were arguing with each other and act like I was Beth's driver/boy toy. I had to enter the scene and basically say a few lines to Beth about the car being outside and give a few looks to Brian like "hey old man, I'm banging your wife". SO we did the scene and after a few takes nailed it. I was so pumped and excited that I had just acted with some very crdible actors around town. I was on cloud 9! I was then told that I may receive a SAG voucher for my work. For everyone not familiar with SAG, the way it works is you have to accumulate 3 SAG Vouchers by being an extra on three SAG projects. It is up to the director or 1st assistant director whether or not you get one. So I was ecstatic thta Iw ould be getting one and only have to get two more. For most people it can take up to a year or more to gather all 3 and become eligible to join the Screen Actors Guild. Well the phone call I received was from on of the producers on the show and they stated since I had a few lines I was a principal role (Guest-Star) on the episode and I would be Taft-Hartleyed meaning I receive a principal SAG voucher which is like receiving 3 regular vouchers. So I am SAG eligible people! I can't wait for the pilot to come out so you guys can see it and tell me what you think. The actors in it are very recognizable and extremely funny, it should do very well. That's it for now and take care. I will be posting pics soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment